Monday, January 6, 2014

Mondays Musings

First Monday of the New Year and I am feeling motivated and refreshed- minus the lack of sleep around here, although I swear my body is getting used to two hour increments of sleep!   I have to say as tired as I am , I don't mind the late night feedings because it is really the only time Frances Moon and I have alone to bond.  

Now that I am officially six weeks post birth, I am ready to kick things into gear and start exercising and eating healthy.  I even have Matt on board for eating healthy. I want to start back our meatless Mondays and eat more fresh veggies.   I decided to attempt to meal plan something I am not very good at.  I like to decide what I want to eat that day and hit up the grocery store, but now with two kids I don't have that luxury.   I recently got both these cookbooks and really love them.  The Raw Detox book is filled with great smoothie and juice recipes and Giada's new cookbook looks awesome.  The new issue of Cooking Light also has some great Kale Salad recipes that I am trying out this week.


In keeping with my attempts to be healthier this New Year, one of my main goals is to drink more water and most importantly to start my day with a cup of warm lemon water.  I can't tell you how many celebrities swear by this trick, its so easy.  It really hydrates you and supposedly makes your skin tighter and fresher.  I started this 21 day detox where you just drink a cup of warm water every morning right when you get up before you eat or drink coffee and I swear my skin is already looking better on day 5.

http://ourlittlegreendot.com/natural-beauty-morning-detox-routine/

I am also all about getting organized this New Year for my blog and personal life.  I bit the bullet and ordered this GIGI New York Embossed Snakeskin Planner.  I love the look of it and the fact it features monthly and weekly pages.  I even had my initials embossed in gold on it- once it arrives I will share pics, but I already know I am going to love it!
For Christmas I bought my Dad these shot glasses carved out of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.  I read about them in Oprah's magazine when she featured them on her favorites list - gotta love that my girl Oprah loves her some tequila.  After seeing my Dads I knew Matt and I needed a set.  We used them last night for our taco night and they are awesome.  They provide the perfect hint of salt with your tequila.  Beware though the longer your drink sits the saltier it gets.   These would make such a cute gift with a bottle of tequila:)  Plus you gotta love the gorgeous pink color.

You can order them here from the Spice Lab.

Rebecca Taylor is offering an additional 25% off all sale items and there are some great deals, check out the whole sale HERE
Use code RTWINTERSALE when you checkout.
I have this Colorblock Sweater and love it. It is so soft and lightweight.  It also comes in a blue version.
I would love to add these beauties to my closet.
PYTHON BLOUSE|| LEOPARD SWEATER || FADED LEOPARD TEE || EMBELLISHED TEE || ARTISONAL BLOCKED DRESS ||
How cute does the Python Blouse look on Sarah Michelle Gellar?



http://rstyle.me/n/ecaprgf5


I am looking to invest in a new pair of running shoes, it has been over a year since I bought my last pair and they are on their last leg.  I prefer lighter weight ones, I am considering these Nikes- any other great recs for running shoes.


I just finished reading the Husbands Secret per Amy's rec and it was such a good read.  One of the best books I have read in awhile.  I highly recommend it.  I have been doing alot of late night reading on my Kindle while I feed Frances.  Any other good books I can add to my download list?


Lastly,  I have to share a few pictures of Frances Moon  She is getting so big, 6 weeks today!  She really is the sweetest most easy going baby.  We love her so much!




xoxo

31 comments:

Ally Harding said...

The Husband's Secret was great. I just finished it recently too. If you find a next good read let me know because I'm having a hard time finding one. I'm a big water drinker but don't drink a ton when I first wake up. I'm going to start from now on though. Such an easy thing to do!

17 Perth said...

Love these pics! I bet those Himalayan shot glasses are awesome with tequila. So interesting. Taking notes on the detox books....due in just a few short weeks so will be interested soon enough!

Lastly, as a runner--I have tried just about every shoe under the sun! Lol. I get my shoes at Fleet Feet. It is a running shoe store in Savannah (and Atlanta) and I am sure Charleston has one too or something similar. I always tell people to plan on dropping at least $100 if not more. But they custom fit your feet and running style (over-pronation or under-pronation) to the shoe. It never disappoints!

megan said...

I got the Nike 4.0s for Christmas and am loving them! So light and come in a bunch of fun colors. Frances Moon is adorable!

Jodi said...

I want that Giada cookbook. Let me know how it is! I meal plan and it helps us spend only what we need at the grocery store and not let food go to waste. Your daughter is just precious! Mine just turned 6 months. Time is flying!

DaniMarie said...

My favorite running shoes are Brooks Adrenaline GTS. But I agree with the above post, go to Fleet Feet and get fitted. What works for one runner doesn't always work for another!

"B" said...

I have stocking up ideas, tricks and tips for getting healthy after baby arrives. I have tried meal planning and I am not great at it now (with only one, I am sure two will be that much worse). Warm water with lemon sounds YUMMY. (from the preggo).

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Meal planning can be so difficult. I find though with both my husband and I working if we don't meal plan then we eat out. I hate stopping at the grocery store on my way home! We've made an effort to do the grocery shopping every Sunday!!

I love the Gigi planner. I really considered ordering it this year, but picked up a cute SugarPaper one at Target for $10. Can't beat that price :)

Xo-L
www.simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Frances is the cutest. I loved that book as well!

birdie to be said...

I just read Eleanor & Park... it was a quick, easy and great read. And I swear by the Nike freeruns. So easy and light!

Unknown said...

loveee my snakeskin planner ! i have it in gray and it's really pretty in person and the paper is soft. you'll love it. as for good books -- i loved the glass castle! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

Those shot glasses are amazing! I may need some! And loved the Rebecca Taylor sale. I can't wait for my sweater to arrive!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Okay, you just got me on board for this lemon water detox. Anything to get my skin under control.

My goal for this year is to take better care of myself- mind, body, soul. I plan on just eating healthier all together, but it's hard with a man in the house that likes man food. Looking forward to recipe posts- I'd also like to know what your hubby thinks of some of these recipes. :)

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Rebecca Taylor is my absolute favorite designer! I always drink water right when I wake up but warm water...I need to look into that!

Unknown said...

Frances seems so smiley! So adorable. Thanks for the book suggestion...I'm thinking when it comes time to start BFing and pumping, it will be nice to have some new downloads on the Kindle to kill the time! :) I posted my menu plan for the week today if you are looking for any meal ideas!

www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Alicia xoxxo said...

I need to start drinking the warm water with lemon in the morning. How awesome are those pink salt shot glasses? Love them. also, I need a really good animal print blouse. May have to treat myself. And Frances is beyond gorgeous. You are giving me serious baby fever!:)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Sweet, looking for a new book!! I'll download this one next. And what's this morning detox? I haven't heard of it. Lord knows my skin could take all the help it could get.

Dina said...

I love that middle pic of her! She's beautiful! Have you read any of the Lisa See or Jeanette Walls books? Wonderful authors! PS How did you get your carrot and zucchini shredded small and short enough for the muffins?

Unknown said...

I like What Alice Forgot, so I'll definitely read this one. Another excellent book to read is Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Incredible and thought provoking. One that stays with you for a long time after you finish.

Unknown said...

I like What Alice Forgot, so I'll definitely read this one. Another excellent book to read is Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Incredible and thought provoking. One that stays with you for a long time after you finish.

Ashley said...

I'm reading The Husband's Secret now and can't put it down! Next up on my reading list is Beautiful Ruins!

smash said...

Those pink himalayan shot glasses are SO cool! Thanks for sharing. And Frances is so precious. Love that little smile :) xx

Lucy said...

The Paris Wife was a great read if you haven't read it yet!

Sadie + Stella said...

I need to detox like none other! Seriously gurl. Going to follow your lead!

Jenny Castle Design said...

Frances Moon is precious, congrats!! And I have the Giada's new cookbook too, it's a great guide to her daily routine and beauty secrets!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful authors! PS How did you get your carrot and zucchini shredded small and short enough for the muffins? Those pink himalayan shot glasses are SO cool! Oh yes!!! Frances Moon is precious, congrats!!It's a great guide to her daily routine.

Regards,
Diaper Bags

BLovedBoston said...

I forgot about everything else I read in the post once I got to her sweet photos!! She is just the most precious with her cute little face!!!

Taylor said...

I read the husbands secret over break too and loved it! I've been eyeing that rebecca taylor leopard sweater for so long - i just love it!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Can't get enough of sweet little Frances Moon!

Love that python blouse, too!

Ann + Robert said...

Frances is beautiful!! Also, thanks for the book suggestion and I also love reading about your recipe finds. Thank you!!

Nat said...

Can't not get enough of sweet Frances Moon!! I need to get those shot glasses for my dad- my parents only use Himalayan sea salt these days so I know he would love these.

AntoniaCrawford said...

What a beautiful name for a little girl!! She is perfect. Amazing that you keep your blog up with such a small baby in the house!